How to Choose the Best Waste Disposal Septic Tank: A Guide
When it comes to disposing of waste, septic tanks are one of the most efficient and reliable methods. They are a cost-effective solution that provide a safe and hygienic way of disposing of human and household waste.
However, with so many different types of septic tanks on the market, choosing the best one for your needs can be an overwhelming task. To help you make the right decision, we’ve put together this guide on how to choose the best waste disposal septic tank. Read on to learn more.
Why Use a Septic Tank?
Septic tanks are used to store and contain human and household waste in an environmentally friendly manner. They are a reliable and cost-effective waste management system which can be easily installed in your home or business premises.
Septic tanks are also very easy to maintain. They are designed to be self-cleaning, so all you have to do is regularly pump out the tank and have it serviced by a qualified septic tank specialist. This helps to ensure that your septic tank is working to its maximum potential and that no solids or debris are blocking the system.
4 Benefits of a Septic Tank:
• Cost-effective – Installing a septic tank is often cheaper than connecting to a municipal sewage system.
• Environmentally friendly – Septic tanks help to reduce water pollution by treating wastewater and reuse the clean water for irrigation.
• Self-cleaning – Most septic tanks are designed to be self-cleaning, so you don’t have to worry about frequently servicing them.
• Health and safety – Septic tanks provide a healthier and safer environment for you, your family and your pets.
Types of Septic Tanks
When it comes to choosing a septic tank, you have a few different options. The most common types of septic tanks are plastic, concrete, steel and fibre-reinforced plastic.
• Plastic – Plastic septic tanks are made from polyethylene plastic and are lightweight and easy to install. They are also inexpensive and generally come with a warranty of up to 20 years.
• Concrete – Concrete septic tanks are more expensive and require more installation work, but they are strong and durable.
• Steel – Steel septic tanks are the most expensive option, but they are also the most durable and can last for up to 50 years.
• Fibre-reinforced plastic – Fibre-reinforced plastic septic tanks are lightweight and easy to install. They also have a longer warranty than other types of septic tanks.
Choosing the Right Tank Size
The size of the septic tank you need will depend on the number of people using it. As a general rule, you should use the following table to determine the capacity of tank you need:
• 1-2 people – 600-900 gallons
• 3-4 people – 900-1,200 gallons
• 5-6 people – 1,200-1,500 gallons
• 7-8 people – 1,500-2,000 gallons
• 9-10 people – 2,000-2,500 gallons
• 11 or more people – 2,500+ gallons
Choosing the Right Location
Once you’ve chosen the right tank size, the next step is to choose the right location. It’s important to choose a spot that is away from buildings, steep slopes and areas prone to flooding. You should also make sure that the area you choose has good drainage and is away from any sources of water contamination.
Installing a septic tank can be a complex process, so it’s best to hire a professional to do the job for you. A professional installer will know the best way to install the tank and make sure it is structurally sound and meets all local regulations.
Once your septic tank is installed, it’s important to make sure it is regularly serviced and maintained. A qualified septic tank specialist can help to ensure that your tank is working to its maximum potential and that no solids or debris are blocking the system.
Choosing the right septic tank for your needs can be a daunting task. But by following this guide, you can make sure you choose the best waste disposal septic tank for your home or business. Remember to take into account the size of the tank, the location, and the installation and maintenance requirements before making your final decision.
If you need any help choosing the right septic tank for your needs, our team at Midland Toilet Hire is here to help. With our extensive knowledge and experience, we can help you find the best solution for your waste disposal needs. Contact us today to learn more.